Monday, November 19, 2007

Home sweet home…

We’re finally home!! This week has been so amazing!!! We’re really really REALLY tired, but it is all SOO worth it, and we just LOVE being parents!!!! Jon-Phoenix is the most amazing little being we have ever seen!!

Thus far he has been a perfect baby!! He feeds every 3 hours basically just sleeps the rest of the time!!! He just seems so content, and we love him so much!!!!

For me, the first day was a daze, I was so tired and overwhelmed!! Daniel has been so perfect and amazing, right from day one. I really have to say, I knew he was going to be a great dad, but he is a great dad, and more, I can’t even describe it, it makes me so proud to see him with his son! He is just unbelievable, and so natural, from the second he first held Jon-Phoenix, like he was born to be a dad!! I have just fallen even more in love with Daniel!!!


I think so far I’ve done about 4 nappies; my wonderful husband does them the rest of the time. In fact, the first time I did a nappy was when Jon-Phoenix was 2 days old, and they left him with me for the night for the very first time – it was so overwhelming. It was the first time I REALLY got to hold him, and love him, and just have him all for myself. And I don’t know if it is because I had a c-section, but that was also the first time that I REALLY REALLY felt that he is MY baby!! It was great, I loved every second of that night!!!

We went home on the 15th of November. Jon-Phoenix is a bit jaundiced, so we have to put him in direct sunlight for a couple of minutes a day, but other than that he is perfectly healthy, and perfectly perfect!!!

Photobucket

A couple of hours old with Ouma and Oupa Jan and Elise Grey

Photobucket

First night alone with mommy

Photobucket

Photobucket
Making foot-prints.....
Photobucket
on the wall
Photobucket
4 days old
PhotobucketMeeting cousins Kaelin and Chloe
Photobucket
Great gran Joyce
Photobucket
With oupa Jan

No comments: